CDA Scholarship Opportunities
CDA Scholarships are available to providers who work in licensed child care programs serving children 0-5 years of age. Applications are accepted on a first come, first-served basis.
Each scholarship includes:
- A check for $325 payable to the National Council for Professional Recognition (The Council) on behalf of the CDA Candidate. Candidates send this check along with their National Direct Assessment application form that is mailed to the Council.
- CDA Candidates also receive a $250 reimbursement to cover other expenses related to the process such as payment for the field advisor, resource books, registration fees associated with training, etc.
Requirements to Apply
To apply for a CDA scholarship you must:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Live and work in North Dakota
- Be employed at least 20 hours per week in a licensed child care program serving children ages 0-5 years
- Be currently working with children between the ages of 0-5 years
- Must comply with all national CDA requirements including training and education and securing a qualified
- Must be a member of the Growing Futures Registry and have a Career Pathways placement of Category A or beyond. Learn more about Growing Futures and join the Registry
Funding is limited. Scholarships will be awarded until funds are gone.
Download a CDA scholarship application, complete and mail to the address listed on the form.
- Are you a ND Growing Futures member? If not, you need to register for membership.
- Individual applies for the scholarship once they have documented 10 hours of training in each of the 8 ND Core Competency areas or completion of 2 ND CCR&R CDA Modules (as verified on their Growing Futures Professional.
- If awarded, the individual has three months to finish the CDA activities identified on their CDA Completion Timeline to be eligible for the scholarship.
- Individual submits documentation that the scholarship activities have been completed.
- A check payable to The Council in the amount of $325 to submit with the application and a reimbursement check in the amount of $250 payable to the individual is mailed to the scholarship recipient.