Strengthen your skills and advance your profession when you earn your CDA. Qualifying applicants receive a $600 scholarship that is awarded in two parts:
- $425 payable to the Council for Professional Recognition on behalf of the CDA candidate
- $175 payable to the recipient to cover expenses related to the process such as payment for resource books, registration fees associated with training, etc.
Applications are now being accepted. Scholarships will be awarded on a first-come, first-serve basis.
CDA Scholarship Eligibility
Applicants must meet the following requirements.
- At least 18 years old
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Live and work in North Dakota
- Employed at least 20 hours per week in a licensed child care program serving children birth to 5 years old
- Meet all national CDA credentialing requirements. Review credentialing requirements at www.cdacouncil.org
- A member of the Growing Futures Registry with a career placement of Category A or higher. Learn more about the Growing Futures Registry at www.ndgrowingfutures.org
Review Requirements and Apply
Applications are accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Review your Growing Futures Professional Development Record
Scholarship applicants must complete ONE of the following requirements prior to submitting scholarship application:
- 10 hours of training in each of the eight ND Core Competency areas, OR
- Two Child Care Aware® of North Dakota CDA Modules
Complete no more than 4-5 hours of online EasyReach training in one day
Mail completed application and documentation to Child Care Aware
Contact a Professional Development Specialist if you have questions.