Strengthen your skills and advance your profession when you earn your CDA. Qualifying applicants receive a $600 scholarship that is awarded in two parts:
- $425 payable to the National Council for Professional Recognition on behalf of the CDA candidate
- $175 payable to the recipient to cover expenses related to the process such as payment for resource books, registration fees associated with training, etc.
Applications are now being accepted. Scholarships will be awarded on a first-come, first-serve basis.
CDA Scholarship Eligibility
Applicants must meet the following requirements.
- At least 18 years old
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Live and work in North Dakota
- Employed at least 20 hours per week in a licensed child care program serving children birth to 5 years old
- Meet all national CDA credentialing requirements. Review credentialing requirements at www.cdacouncil.org
- A member of the Growing Futures Registry with a career placement of Category A or higher. Learn more about the Growing Futures Registry at www.ndgrowingfutures.org
Review Requirements and Apply
Applications are accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Download and review the CDA Scholarship Application.
- 10 hours of training in each of the 8 ND Core Competency areas, OR
- Two Child Care Aware® of North Dakota CDA Modules
Contact the Professional Development Manager in your region if you have questions.