CDA Advisor Qualifications & Requirements
A CDA Advisor by meet a set list of eligibility requirements related to:
• Their knowledge child care settings and regulations
• Their level of edcuation and experience
Serving As a CDA Advisor
CDA candidates contract with a person to serve as an advisor. All advisors must meet the qualifications outline by the National Council for Early Childhood Professional Recognition, the organization that administers the CDA program.
The CDA Candidate will supply you with the formal observation materials you'll need to conduct the observation. An advisor meets with the candidate a minimum of three times:
- An initial meeting to meet the candidate and familiarize yourself with his/her child care work environment. This first meeting is typically one hour long.
- The second visit is a dry-run of the formal observation. During this meeting the advisor in encouraged to advise and mentor the candidate.
- During the third visit, the advisor completes the formal observation materials and shift from advising the candidate to advising the CDA Council about the candidates demonstrated skills.