Build Your Skills and Knowledge
Child Care Aware® of North Dakota is the primary source of training for child care providers in North Dakota. We work in partnership with the North Dakota Growing Futures System to help the early childhood care and education workforce:
• Review and document on their accomplishments
• Choose training and education to advance their professional development
• Chart a path to grow themselves, their career and their future
Begin with the Basics
All North Dakota licensed child care operators and employees are required to complete Basic Child Care Training within the first three months of being licensed or employed. CCR&R encourages individuals to go beyond basic training requirements to advance their professional development.
Take These Steps to Advance Your Skills and Grow Your Future
Your first step is to become familiar with North Dakota Core Competencies. These research-based guidelines define expectations for those who teach and care for children from birth through eight years old. Child care providers, teachers and all who work with young children can use these guidelines as a “road map” to assess their skills, guide their career and improve job satisfaction. These core competency areas include:
• Health, Safety and Nutrition
• Child Growth and Development
• Learning Environments and Curriculum
• Interactions with Children
• Families and Communities
• Professional Development and Leadership
• Program Planning and Evaluation
• Assessment and Planning
Create Your Professional Development Plan
Use the guides listed below to direct your course selection as you build your skills and knowledge and advance through the Growing Futures Career Pathways.
- Family Child Care Career Pathways Planning Guide
- Infant/Toddler Career Pathways Planning Guide
- Preschool Career Pathways Planning Guide
- "Planning and Your Professional Development"
a step-by-step guide, created by North Dakota Growing Futures, to help you assess your strengths and identify areas for improvement.
Use this Growing Futures Career Pathways tool to review your career progress as you complete trainings, build your skills and earn advanced credentials in the field of early care and education.
Resources to help you learn more
Visit the Child Care Aware® of North Dakota Training Center to search and register for training related to creating a professional development plan. The following links will direct you to additional resources that will advance your knowledge and skills in the area of early care and education.