Starting a In-Home Child Care Program
Opening a successful in-home family or group child care program takes time, effort and study. Child Care Aware® of North Dakota consultants have the expertise and resources to guide you through the process.
The steps to starting an in-home family or group child care are outlined in Starting a Child Care Business in Your Home. This guide will help you answer these questions:
• Is a child care business right for me and my family?
• Will my home meet licensing requirements?
• Will my family adapt to sharing their home, their toys and their parent?
• How do I develop a business plan and budget?
• Will I meet the qualifications to be a licensed provider?
• How do I develop a realistic timeline for starting my business?
• Will this new venture be profitable?
Contact a Provider Support & Start-Up Consultant in your region to receive additional information and guidance related to your specific location, child care setting and business goals.
Thinking about starting a larger facility?
View Resources to Get You Started >>