Starting a Licensed Child Care Center
Launching a Child Care Center is more complex than opening a family or group child care. It takes an average of 9 to 12 months to organize and prepare a center for opening. ND CCR&R consultants have the expertise and resources to guide you through the process.
The steps to starting a child care center are outlined in the
Opening a Child Care Center Guide. This guide will help you:
• Develop an understanding of the child care industry
• Define the scope of the project
• Test the market need for child care
• Locate a site/building
• Determine facility design and furnishings
• Plan room furnishings
• Assemble a qualified project team
• Plan operational and start-up budgets
• Complete a business plan
Contact a Provider Support & Start-Up Consultant in your region to receive additional information and guidance related to your specific location, child care setting and business goals.