Learn from the Experience of Others
Get practical advice and real answers from someone who, like you, works in a child care setting everyday. Licensed family/group providers and child care center directors now have the opportunity to connect with a mentor and gain insights from someone who’s “been there and done that.”
What can a Peer Mentor do for you?
- Increase your confidence and help you feel more empowered
- Identify goals and help you establish a sense of direction for your work and career
- Suggest workable strategies for setting up environments, caring for children, working with parents and running a successful child care business.
- Connect you with resources and others in the child care community
Expectations for your participation
- Participate in about 10 hours of meetings/visits with your mentor over 6 months. These visits will be scheduled on a regular basis during or outside your work day.
- Maintain regular contact with your mentor
- Actively work towards increasing your knowledge and skills
- Be open to feedback from your mentor
Get connected to a Peer Mentor
Contact your Child Care Aware® consultant or your regional Child Care Aware® office:
Eastern North Dakota:
Holly Nett | 218-299-7627 | 800-452-3646
Western North Dakota
Shonda Wild | 701-530-2509 | 888-223-1510